Meia Charity, we help students chose right program and course to study in a right institution and country. And we also help communities to improve their livelihood through our programs especially equipping them with hands on skills in different aspects with a common goal of enhancing sustainable livelihood. We also have other programs through which we provide clean water, toilets to those communities that do not have especially schools.
To invoke new ideas that will provoke dramatic change in the attitude, motive and disposition of the young ones to the development of our country Uganda, such that we equip them to boldly and confidently improve the standards of living of their communities in a way that will make Uganda a middle income.
UNIQUENESS OF OUR SERVICES
- Our consultants are well qualified and experienced professional in their field
- We provide comprehensive information to assist students to identify their preferred courses and to set-up academic goals.
- We provide avenues through which our poor people in the communities get basic needs.
- Based on student academic results and goals, we develop and advise on options for their education paths.
- We offer professional and unbiased advice to assist students to select options and careers that is most appropriate to them.
- At Meia Charity, we adopt the philosophy that each needy student is a unique individual, the poor communities, and therefore we believe that our programs have a great impact in society hence enhancing sustainable livelihood. And we base on act of good faith in all our programs hence making sure we achieve our objectives.
OBJECTIVES OF Meia Charity
In Uganda, there is a big gap between the costs of enrolling in school and other learning institutions by children from poor and disadvantaged families, as the resources available to such children is meager and hence becomes a major barrier for such children to complete their studies/ education. The tertiary and university fees/tuition is too high for an average poor Ugandan parent to afford.
The cost of education is high compared with the income of poor families hence resulting into school dropouts. The education costs include school fees, transport and upkeep, school uniform, feeding, medical, books, pens and many of which have to be availed at the beginning of the school term. It is difficult for parents to pay out large sums in lump sum, especially in families with three or four children.
The passion we have about seeing the youth improve and becoming successful people and enhancing sustainable livelihood in our communities is the foundation of our organisation and thus our objectives.
- Advocating for school leavers and dropouts who would like to continue with their studies both in Uganda and abroad but have no school fees.
- Providing an opportunity for primary, secondary, college and university students who are financially disadvantaged and are incapable of paying their school fees.
- Building training schools in each district of Uganda to train the school leavers and dropouts in practical skills.
- Improving the standards of living of families and communities at large through creating and sourcing jobs for the needy youth.
- Giving opportunities for academically potentially and practically qualified yet financially needy Ugandan students to continue with their studies in selected disciplines and institutions.
- Raising public awareness about drug abuse.
- Collaborating with other organisations and institutions in Uganda and abroad to fulfill their corporate social responsibility goals by supporting such needy students by providing them with bursaries and financial assistance.
- Raising funds and receiving contributions where appropriate to finance the work.
- Publicizing and promoting the work of advocating for school leavers and dropouts who would like to continue with their studies both in Uganda and abroad but have no school fees.
- Sending our needy students to training schools so that they can train in different professions like engineering, motor vehicle mechanics and medicine.
- Offering moral guidance and rehabilitation services to the persons including children, youth and adults but with a unique emphasis to the youth addicted to drugs and alcohol.
- Identifying the most pressing social needs of our communities and look for such solutions deemed fit.
MEIA Charity was established in September 2016 with the aim of advocating for school leavers and dropouts who would like to continue with their studies both in Uganda and abroad but have no school fees and enhancing sustainable livelihood of the poor youth and their communities at large.
Meia Charity now partners with individuals, organisations, schools and institutions in Uganda and abroad for this same cause of advocating for school leavers and dropouts and improving the livelihood in our communities. This partnership has seen many children and students continue with their studies in different institutions, and also improve the standards of living in their families.
“Enhancing sustainable livelihoods” is our slogan. It appropriately reflects our attitude and approach in as far as seeing the needy school dropouts and leavers continuing with their studies and looking forward to improve the standards of living in our communities.
Offering scholarships and sourcing more study opportunities for our needy young people in Uganda.
Equipping the needy school leavers and dropouts with hands-on skills.
Giving career guidance to the young people in schools.
Ensuring that all the young people who can ably work get jobs and earn a sustainable living.
Starting up such projects like poultry, piggery, sewing machines and saloons to the youth and poor families in our communities.
Working with the relevant authorities and organizations to ensure a sustainable livelihood in our communities.
Offering pro bono services to the needy school leavers and dropouts who may be implicated by their families or some certain social challenges.
Improving hygiene and sanitation in our communities by upholding clean water and toilets.
Enlightening the locals about the goodness of education for the betterness of our communities.
We do outreaches in different parties of Kampala and rehabilitate the young people who are addicted to drugs and alcoholism and make sure they live decent lives.
At MEIA Charity, we know the pain of dropping out of school or failing to finish studies due to lack of school fees and other related challenges. And we carefully understand the bad situation in our communities and for that reason we create solutions to solve and improve the standard of living. To this effect therefore, we call upon all humanitarian organisations, men and women to resource both labour and funds to this fundamental cause in our society.